Sunday, February 8, 2009

Another Gun Show, Another Mossberg

Crawled all over the gun show in Lima on Saturday. Looked at several tempting pieces. The Colt 1903's from last month were still there. One fellow was selling a pretty well worn Marlin 70P Papoose 22LR rifle. That's the one you can carry disassembled in a bag and put together quickly. I've seen much nicer for what he was asking for it.

For the first time, I looked at older, classic Mossberg shotguns. I saw two bolt actions, one 20 ga the other a .410 that tempted me. The 20 ga had the variable screw type choke. The .410 had a fixed 3 round internal magazine and a fixed full choke. I've wanted a .410 for a while, but will probably wait a little longer.

The rifle I did pick up was a 151K made in the early 1950's. It's a tube-fed 22LR semi-auto. I can't wait to get it out to the range if the weather ever cooperates.

No comments: